Happy Valentine’s Day!
Speaking of love, I think that one of the most loving things we can do for someone else is to pray for them.
I aim to pray for Wade every day. In fact, I consider it a large part of my ministry. I fail at it sometimes when I get too busy, but I am designed to be his helpmeet, and one of the best ways I can do that is to pray faithfully for him. I have seen amazing things take place in the heart and mind of my dear husband and I imagine that it is at least in part due to my many prayers for him.
(Oftentimes I start to feel like I don’t have any “ministries” to be involved in – a common thought among homeschooling moms I think – , but this is just a lie – I am a wife and mother! These are ministry positions!).
As for resources, I love Stormie Omartian’s book “Power of a Praying Wife”. It’s a great book to help guide my prayers – to give me something specific to focus on in my prayer instead of just praying generally for him. And for an old-school, mind-blowing book on prayer in general, I highly recommend “With Christ in the School of Prayer” by Andrew Murray.
Finally, I came across this list a couple weeks ago in an email group I belong to and wanted to share with you. Print it out and commit to pray for your husband! It is worth your time and effort!
31 Days of Prayer for Our Husbands
1. That he might become a holy man, a man of prayer, mature in the Lord,
growing in his knowledge of the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 5:23, Colossians
4:12, Ephesians 1:18-19, 3:16-19, 6:18
2. That he might grow in all 11 descriptions of a man who will not be
shaken as listed in Psalms 15.
3. That he might be a man of contentment as seen in Proverbs 15:16,
Philemon 4:11, 1 Timothy 6:6-8, Hebrews 13:5
4. That he might learn to take every thought captive, to not be
conformed to the world’s thinking and to think scripturally.
Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 10:5
5. That he might daily seek God with all his heart, walking in the
Spirit moment by moment, growing in his dependence on Him.
Psalms 119:1-2, Proverbs 3:5-6
6. That he would ever be captivated by my love. Proverbs 5:18-19
7. That he would be a man of courage. Deuteronomy 31:6, 2 Chronicles
8. That the Lord may give him wisdom to lead his family physically,
emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Ephesians 1:17-19
9. May he always see the plank in his own eye before seeing the sawdust
in another’s. Matthew 7:3
10. That he might become a called man, not driven, with well thought
through and prayed through goals in life. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
11. That he might be a man of prayer, guarding his heart and mind,
putting into practice what he has heard, seen and learned. Philemon
12. That he might stand firm against the schemes of the devil and resist
Satan in all circumstances.
Ephesians 6:10-18, James 4:7
13. That he might grow in spiritual maturity by putting away childish
things, cultivating, understanding, striving after the Christ ideal,
partaking of the deeper truths of the gospel, and overcoming temptation.
1 Corinthians 13:11, 14:20, Ephesians 4:13, Hebrews 5:14, 1 John 2:14
14. That he might make me holy, cleansing me by the washing with water
through the Word. Ephesians 5:26
15. That he would learn not to depend on his circumstances for happiness
but on God alone.
16. That he would be a man who enters into spiritual warfare. Ephesians
6:11-12, 1 Thessalonians 5:8
17. That he might have new strength in the midst of his busy schedule
and that the Lord would infuse him with his strength.
Isaiah 40:312, Ephesians 3:14-19
18. That he might have a bruden to see lost people come to know Jesus
Christ as Lord and Savior. Matthew 28:19-20
19. That he would be kept from strange women and evil men and that his
friends would be men and women who walk with God. Proverbs 13:20
20. That his self image might be a reflection on the Lord’s thoughts
toward him. Ephesians 1:17-19, Romans 12:3, Psalms 139
21. That he might be a man responsible for family spiritual growth.
22. That he might not be deceived into unbelief, sin or bitterness.
23. That he might learn to love as God has commanded. 1 Corinthians
13:4-7, Romans 12:8-10, Ephesians 5:25
24. That the fruit of the SPirit might be exhibited more and more in his
life. Galatians 5:22-23
25. That he might grow in humility and being a shepherd. 1 Peter 5:2-6
26. That he might grow daily in character. 2 Peter 1:5-8
27. That he might keep a clear conscience. 1 Peter 3:16-18
28. That the Lord might protect him, guarding his course. Proverbs 2:8
29. That he might learn to manage his time well. Ephesians 5:15
30. That the Lord would put a song in his heart. Psalms 33:3, 40:3,
31. That he may have a holy fear of the God. Psalms 34:11, 111:10,